Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Boise smart home
At the core of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub incorporates your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into a single united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touchscreen places you in total charge of your Boise home’s security and automation. See what it can do and explore tips to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Boise do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to devices through radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your home. You can disarm or arm your system, program lights, set the temperature, and more. When integrating a video doorbell, you can even speak to visitors on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub features cellular functionality and a backup battery for added reliability. It also provides total remote operability through the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s a sample of the things you can do:
- Check current or recorded video from any connected security cameras
- Arm and disarm your home’s security
- Turn lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Change your thermostat’s temperature
- Talk directly to monitoring agents
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Boise by implementing schedules or creating rules. For example, you could have your smart thermostat automatically adjust nightly at a particular time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your front door unlock whenever the smoke alarm trips.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you jump into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll have to understand how to arm and disarm your security. It’s simple - just abide by these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will still be present in the home and arms all sensors except interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be away, and all sensors in your home will arm.
- To disarm, just slide down the shield icon and input your PIN.
You’ll see a notification if something is preventing the system from arming. To illustrate, an open window will prompt you to take action. It’s worth noting that you may still arm the security system by adhering to the steps above. You will then need to verify you would like to bypass the sensor that isn’t ready.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Boise
Although various users can be set up when your system is installed, you will likely want to add another user down the road. Here’s how to do it.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right-hand side of the welcome screen.
- Touch “Users” and input your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” provide the user’s name, and hit the Next button.
- If you wish to supply the user remote capability, tap phone or email and provide the information to dispatch an invite.
- Touch Next and then establish a PIN for this new user.
- To take out a user, just go to the menu, press users, select the user you wish to get rid of, and then press “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Do you want to take control of your home’s security and automation via an easy-to-operate touchscreen panel? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Boise home security system. Dial (208) 306-4107 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.