Ways to cut down on false alarms in Boise
False alarms may become an actual concern for home security systems. Not only can they be a burden on your time and pocketbook, but they might even lower the trust you have in your alarms. Thankfully, you are able to do a number of things to reduce false alarms from your Boise sensors and alarms.
First, ensure that everything is installed as intended. This might appear to be an obvious course of action, but it’s often the case that simple mistakes trigger false alarms. For the next step, watch out for potential culprits of false alarms, including a back door that might be left open by accident. And finally, don't hesitate to integrate the various tools like setting automation schedules to cut down on false alarms in Boise.
Could it be really that simple? Read on and see for yourself.
Can you side step false alarms in Boise?
Like diagnosing any issue, the initial step is to read the manual. Ensure all alarms and sensors are installed properly from your end by:
- Executing a diagnostic through your smart hub.
- Manually check each device to ensure it didn't get knocked out of place or need a new battery.
- Check your scheduling to make sure that your home’s security isn’t engaging at inopportune times.
- Ensure all new smart devices are installed in the proper fashion and aren't interfering with your system.
Call your Vivint representative if you still have issues cutting down false alarms in your Boise security system. They'll gladly dispatch a tehnician to inspect your setup.
Inspect your entry points
When your installation checks out alright, the next measure is to thoroughly inspect the house. Are your windows and doors closed tightly, or are any accidentally cracked? If an access point is left unsecured, it could activate an activated sensor. In the event your household constantly forgets to secure an entry point, you might want to install a smart lock that locks automatically when your home security goes live. Unfortunately, windows require extra physical effort, mainly if you have a family member who likes to fall asleep with an open window. Luckily, your Vivint installation makes it easy to disengage that sensor while protecting the remainder of the property.
Automation tends to be a great method to cut down on false alarms in Boise
One of the most effective ways to lessen the likelihood of false alarms is to include smart home automation into your security system. With your Vivint app, you can:
- Arrange a schedule to disarm when you’re in the house and prevent false alarms that happen due to mistakenly opening a door or window. Then have it automatically set again that evening as you prepare for bed.
- Set your home security to disengage whenever your smart locking mechanism is initiated with the proper number combination.
- Set geotracking to turn on your alarm if you depart the driveway, then disengage when you come back to the house.
- Receive smartphone notifications when your components detect uncommon movements or have need of a battery change.
- Connect your system to a smart home speaker, so you may disarm and arm your system without the mobile app or central interface.
Cut down on false alarms in Boise with a Vivint smart home installation
Increased command over your home security means less chance of false alarms. To build your Vivint security package, contact (208) 306-4107 or submit the form on this page.