Helpful safety tips for new homeowners in Boise
If you just bought your first home or you’re about to, congratulations! It’s a wonderful time for you and your family. You’re likely considering how you should personalize your residence with decor, paint, and furnishings. But, before you get too far, be sure you give thought to home security as well. Keeping your loved ones safeguarded should always be a primary emphasis, and we’ll show you the way with these safety tips for new homeowners in Boise.
Perform a safety check of your new Boise property
Now that safety is at the forefront, see what your new home already has. First, ensure you have operational smoke detectors. Inspect every one and replace batteries if necessary. Are CO detectors on site? Is there a water sensor in your basement? This is also an excellent time to replace door locks and inspect all window locks. Go through each room and get familiar with your new home.
Smart security tips for your Boise home
Once you’ve done your initial investigation of safety devices and locking systems, you should consider enhancing your property’s defense. Begin with these security tips for your home in Boise.
- Install a modern home security system. One of the top things a new homeowner in Boise can do is incorporate a home security system. The latest in wireless technology lets you keep a close watch on your home even when you’re not there. You are able to review live video feeds, engage locking systems, and even speak with visitors on your front porch directly from your mobile device. You can even customize with incredible security measures such as video surveillance and monitored fire alarms.
- Upgrade outside lights. Exterior lights with motion sensors are a smart way to discourage possible invaders. You might even incorporate them with surveillance cameras. The triggering of a motion detector can instruct your outdoor camera to start recording.
- Take care of your yard. Are you able to clearly see all of your property through your windows? Are there large bushes and trees impeeding the view? Eliminate potential hiding spots for burglars by keeping your yard neat and tidy. Your neighbors will appreciate it also.
- Make friends with people in your community. One more thing about your neighbors, get acquainted with them. If you are friends with people close to you, there’s a greater chance they’ll advise you if they see suspicious activity. You can also connect to your neighborhood’s social media page if one is established.
- Benefit from home automation. If you go with an advanced smart home, you can make it look like you’re inside by turning on smart lights at scheduled times. This is a nice feature when you’re not there.