Features to look for in a home security camera in Boise
Getting snagged on video is the last thing an invader would like to happen This is the main reason why security cameras are one of the best devices to think about as you figure out your home’s security. Although standalone cameras are effective when configured properly, they’re even more useful when incorporated into your residence’s smart home system.
Are you wondering what to look for in a home security camera in Boise? You’ll be glad to know these critical devices have more benefits than previous iterations. You may see live footage from indoor cameras or surprise those lurking about with incorporated deterrent mechanisms from outside cameras. Just use your Vivint app or touchscreen hub and you can direct all your security cameras.
Dynamic features add value to home security cameras in Boise
Loaded with features and simple-to-use security cameras will raise your residence’s defense to a whole new level. These vital elements of your home security system can be found with a diverse array of features like bi-directional audio, video storage, and mobile access. Take a look at the available options below.
- Effective deterrents: You can use a camera that will take immediate action. If odd behavior is detected by the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro, a vivid red ring will emerge next to the camera lens and a powerful warning will emit.
- Night vision: Powerful IR night vision functionality provides clear images of your surroundings at any hour. Your cameras will even keep their visibility as you zoom in on particular areas.
- Video storage: Look for surveillance with video storage functionality and the ability to access footage straight from your smartphone app.
- Security app: Today’s surveillance systems in Boise are frequently paired to a helpful smartphone app. You can watch current feeds or saved clips and even engage or disengage your system. The Vivint App will post an alert to your mobile device whenever there’s a triggered event.
- Motion detectors: Incorporated motion detection allows cameras to engage if strange activity occurs. You’ll even get a message on your phone.
- Converse with delivery people or members of your family: Would you like to check in with your children after school? Do you have a delivery person at your front door? The latest residential security cameras, like the Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro, provide convenient bi-directional audio so you may speak to anyone within range of your surveillance device.
- Field of vision: As a good rule of thumb, your outdoor surveillance should give you at least 120° of viewing perspective. For instance, the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro provides 140° views.
- Custom zone coverage: This convenience allows you to program the exact space you wish your camera to cover. This can be helpful to better define what you surveil as you wouldn’t need notifications each time an automobile travels by in front of your house.
Configure your own Vivint smart home system
You should have a good idea of what to look for in a home security camera in Boise. All that remains is to put everything together in a robust Vivint smart home. Phone (208) 306-4107 to start or submit the following form to engage our security experts.